Justice for Consumers in 2013
Did you see Jamie's blog? He's right, we've had an amazing 2012. We couldn't have done any of it without your support, and your tax-deductible contribution now will help us reach our year-end goal to cover next year's expenses.
Your tips prompted our letter to the EPA that resulted in the first-ever recall of multiple car models' window stickers. Your votes gave our sister organization Consumer Watchdog Campaign a ten point win over an insurance billionaire trying to raise rates on good drivers. And your outrage gave Consumer Watchdog Campaign the strength to bring the fight against double-digit health insurance rate hikes to the ballot after the insurance lobby blocked rate reform in the legislature for the last ten years.
Here are just a few of the projects we have lined up for 2013:
- Securing millions more in savings for auto and home insurance customers by fighting against insurance rate hikes at the Department of Insurance.
- Continuing to shame health insurance companies into lowering their rates until we legally have the right to publicly challenge unjust rate increases under our 2014 rate regulation ballot measure.
- Expanding online privacy through Do Not Track legislation and a full Consumer Online Privacy Bill of Rights.
- Challenging unfair business practices like Hyundai's false MPG reports.
- Creating bold new oversight to protect patients in California from unsafe treatment.
Our work is only possible with the strength of consumers like you behind us. We are grateful for everything you've done to make 2012 a banner year. Will you join us and help before the year runs out?
12/31/2012Blog PostWith just a few hours left in 2012, we've almost reached our year-end fundraising goal and your last opportunity to make a... More >
1/4/2013Blog PostWhat an inspiring 2012! Together, we exposed and stopped false MPG claims by automakers, shamed health insurance companies into... More >
1/20/2013Blog PostI recently read Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech to my young children and wondered what their dreams... More >
2/20/2013Legal UpdateLast Thursday, February 14, Federal District Court Judge George H. Wu held an initial hearing on class action lawsuits filed... More >
3/13/2013Blog PostThere aren't too many great days for patient safety in state capitols, where the medical establishment tends to rule the... More >